@ Student Health
Flu clinics for students will be held in the SHS Conference Room, 2nd floor on the following dates (Note: please enter by the outside stairway from the parking lot to the 2nd floor):
- Oct 8th, 9:30am-3:30pm
- Oct 12th, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Oct 20th, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Oct 23rd, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Oct 28th, 8:30am-1:45pm
@ the Zone
Flu clinics for students will be held in the Zone in Price Center Plaza on the following dates:
- Nov 3rd, 11:30am-4:00pm
- Nov 13th, 11:30am-4:00pm
@ SHS Nurses Clinic
Students can obtain flu immunization on a walk-in basis in the Nurses Clinic (see link for hours).
- Students with SHIP: Injectable and Intranasal: FREE
- Students waived SHIP or with RAFT: Injectable: $20.00, Intranasal $25.00
You may also be able to obtain a flu shot in the community. Check this San Diego Immunization link for availability: http://www.sdiz.org/Community/Features/Flu-2015-2016-clinics.html
Find out if what you have is a cold or the flu.
- Get the flu vaccine.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after a sneeze or cough. Use alcohol-based hand cleansers if soap and water is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Frequently wipe down areas, doorknobs, and phones used by multiple people with a disinfectant (Clorox wipes work well)
- Get adequate sleep and exercise, eat healthy meals, and try to reduce stress
- Avoid contact with others you know to be ill. If you must be near others who are ill, keep at least 6 feet distance
Learn more about the flu here: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm