- H1N1 - see
San Diego County link for current information.
- Chicken Pox (Varicella) - series of 2 injections: day 0 and 4-8 weeks later.
- Hepatitis A for travel/precaution against food- or water-borne hepatitis - series of 2 injections: day 0 and 6-12 months later.
- Hepatitis B for protection against blood/body fluid-borne hepatitis - series of 3 injections: day 0, 1-2 months, and 4-6 months.
- Hep A & B Combined (Twinrix) - series of 3 injections: day 0, 1 month and 6 months.
- HPV for protection against high-risk strains of HPV associated with cancer of the cervix - series of 3 injections: 0, 2, and 6 months.
- Influenza - yearly, seasonal.
- Japanese Encephalitis - series of 2 injections: 28 days apart. Series must be completed at least 10 days before travel(requires Travel Clinic appt)
- Meningococcal Vaccine
- Measles, Mumps; Rubella Vaccine - measles should be given twice since first birthday; mumps and rubella only once.
- Polio Vaccine - usually for travel to high risk areas.
- Pneumococcal Vaccine - one dose for smokers and people with certain chronic health conditions; one additional dose for all adults over 65 years of age.
- Rabies - series of 3 injections: day 0, day 7 and day 21 or 28 (requires Travel Clinic appt).
- Tetanus, Diphtheria - initially 3 doses in childhood, then every 10 years is recommended.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap/Whooping Cough) - a one time booster is recommended for adolescents and adults.
- Typhoid - injectable or oral (requires Travel Clinic appt).
- Yellow Fever - booster every 10 years if in high risk areas (requires Travel Clinic appt).
Read the latest immunization information from the Immunization Action Coalition.
How to get your immunizations at SHS Nurse's Clinic
Nurse's Clinic - walk-in services include immunizations, TB testing, and Confidential HIV testing.
Visit our Travel Clinic page for travel information.
Nurses Clinic is free for registered students, however there is a charge for the vaccine. Eligible fee-for-service patients will be charged for Nurse's Clinic visits in addition to the cost of vaccines.
Refer to the Cost of Services page for pricing.